Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: FS75183
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - General
Job Title : Systems Engineer - PEO C3T
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Contingent
Minimum Requirements: URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide superior Systems Engineering, Integration, Operations and Readiness Support for the Program Executive Office, Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T) office in Aberdeen, Maryland and various other locations.
Private and confidential interviews available for current incumbent employees.
• Bachelor's degree in technical field and at least 9 years of job-related experience; Vocational/Technical school; or Associate's degree and at least 12 years of job related experience; or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
• Position may require travel.
• Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Job Description: URS is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen, Maryland! This position is contingent on contract award.
The Systems Engineer will perform a range of technical/engineering assignments as the lead of a technical support team. Generally functions in one or more of the following activities: manufacture, research design, test, development, modification and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment.
1. Perform a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks independently.
2. Acts as the lead on complex tasks and responsible for design, analyses, or design reviews.
3. Generate complete design specifications of more complex projects.
4. Lead and coordinate the installation, modification, monitoring, operation, testing, and servicing of equipment and systems at company and client sites.
5. Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirement.
6. May support engineers in the development of a technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
7. Provide work assignment to junior level technologists, technicians, and/or personnel.
8. Perform supervisory duties for assigned personnel.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.