Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: FS74822
Interest Category: Business Operations/Admin/IT
Interest Sub Category: Marketing/ Communications/ Public Relations
Job Title : Technical Writer - PEO C3T
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Contingent
Minimum Requirements: URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide superior Systems Engineering, Integration, Operations and Readiness Support for the Program Executive Office, Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T) office in Aberdeen, Maryland and various other locations.
Private and confidential interviews available for current incumbent employees.
Bachelors degree and five (5) years of experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military systems and equipments. Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is required. Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel.
Must be able to pass/maintain a Security Clearance - active clearance is strongly preferred.
Job Description: URS is seeking a Technical Writer (Intermediate) to provide acquisition support services the U.S. Army and the Program Executive Office for Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T) in Aberdeen, Maryland and various other locations.
Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is required. Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results.
This position is contingent and awaiting the contract to be awarded in April 2013.
1. Interfaces with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
2. Researches a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
3. Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
4. Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
5. Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
6. Participates regularly in department and company-wide proposal writing projects. May serve as proposal coordinator for large production efforts.
7. Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
8. Provides technical writing/editing support to other Company contracts when workloads permit.
9. Establishes and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
10. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.