Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Professional: Programmer Analyst (APG)
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND
Job Number: 130047V
Essential Job Functions
* Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents web-based and client applications..
* Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
* Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
* Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
* Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
* Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
* Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
* Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
* Participates in team design meetings for deliverables.
* Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
* Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
* Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
* Basic programming skills
* Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
* Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
* Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Good understanding of the full lifecycle development of software applications and object-oriented programming is required.
* ablity to interface with the business customer to develop application requirements
* Good knowledge of C# 4.0 , ASP.NET 3.5, OO programming
* Knowledge of Hibernate/NHibernate, Java 7, JSF 2, Swing, Java FX, jQuery/jQuery plugins, iText, Quartz.Net, DotNetZip, Telerik, Lucene/Lucene
* .Net is a plus
* Minimum of 3 years of experiencing in developing application solutions
* Any developer certifications a plus
* Secret Clearance is required (Minimum of an interim clearance to start)