Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Scientific Systems & Software International - Information Technology Solutions is a leading provider of advanced solutions that deliver timely, enabling technology and information to where it is needed most for our civilian, military, intelligence, state and local, and commercial customers.
Committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce SSSi – IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for some positions.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Specialist will support the day to day operation of the MSDE helpdesk activities. Provides telephone and in-person support to users in the areas of directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this Contract or predecessors. Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems. The resource will provide tier 1 support of end-user applications via on-line and/or the telephone.
* Answering Service Desk calls and logging each call into a Service Desk system
* Assess each problem and assist in resolving or escalating the issues
* Assist in developing training materials that will be used in conducting webinars, and workshops for end user training
* Provide technical training on all functions of the system
* Required Qualifications:
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience in business IT environments with emphasis on PC hardware and applications. General experience includes information systems development, work in the client/server field, or related fields
* At least two (2) years comprehensive knowledge of PC operating systems, e.g., DOS, Windows, as well as work on a help desk
* A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Help Desk environment OR any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
* In depth knowledge and understanding of Help Desk tools, processes and applications
* Experience providing support to end users via the phone and/or remote such as web ex, remote desk top
* Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing and to have a positive customer service attitude
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
Junior HelpDesk Specialist