Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title:Quantitative Analyst/Associate (Constellation Energy)
Location:MD - Baltimore
At Exelon, we've got a place for you. Exelon is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. Exelon knows the future of energy is you.
Exelon Corporation is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, with more than $32 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry's largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 6.6 million customers in northern Illinois, central Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to more than 1.1 million customers in the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago and trades on the NYSE under the ticker EXC.
We know that before we can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and deliver electric and gas service safely to millions of families and businesses, we need to recognize that each of our employees plays an integral part in the process. Join Exelon and you can share your ideas at a forward-thinking company and the next big idea could be yours. You've just found Exelon, a place where you can truly shine.
The Quantitative Analytics group is a quantitative group which supports origination, trading and portfolio management in the analysis, design and risk management of structured deals, trading strategies, and physical asset management. The group's primary responsibilities include identifying risk factors, developing and executing quantitative approaches for pricing and risk analysis of energy commodity transactions.
These transactions involve both physical assets such as power plants and pipelines, as well as financial instruments such as futures, forwards, options, swaps, and other exotics in markets as diverse as power, natural gas, coal, transport, storage, weather and emissions.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
- Development and implementation of derivatives pricing methods for energy markets.
- Structuring and pricing risk management solutions with internal customers including swaps, options, transportation, and storage.
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of stochastic models for: demand and price, network congestion, gas storage and transportation.
- Development of hedging strategies and liaison between other front office groups in the
organization such as origination, trading and portfolio managers.
- Trading system support, including development of new capabilities and the representation ofcomplex transactions. *LI-MN1
- Possess a PhD or Masters degree in a technical area (Finance/Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics)
- Be familiar with probability theory, calculus, and numerical techniques
- Be fluent in at least one programming language such as C/C++, Python, Matlab or Fortran
- Possess a desire to learn and integrate their quantitative skills to develop and implement
practical business solutions
- Strong communication skills are required and ability to work efficiently in teams
- Be familiar with finance and stochastic calculus preferred.
- Possess knowledge of capital markets products, methodologies and financial analytics including understanding of the key concepts of derivatives pricing and risk measurement preferred.
- Experience in the Energy or financial sector preferred.
Equal Employment Statement
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.