Heller Technologies, Inc. Sr. Network Engineer in Beltsville Maryland United States
Reference # : 12-00181 Title : Sr. Network Engineer
Location : Beltsville, MD
Position Type : Direct Placement
Experience Level : Start Date : 12/25/2012
Sr. Network Engineer
This is a full-time position located in Beltsville, MD.
Engineer will be responsible for core and custom network architecture, and be a visionary for future network evolution. IP Architect will be responsible for completing current project scope documentation as well as authoring the evolution of project design scope templates for future projects. IP Architect will spend considerable time working with vendors to be able to understand new networking trends as well as new and improved networking and support gear. Engineer will lead the effort in vendor and specific product evaluation for new projects. Engineer will work directly with other internal engineering departments and data center personnel to ensure that all customer expectations are being met at the highest possible level. This position has a set schedule, but is occasionally expected to assist in executing pilot network installations and changes.
• 12+ years of network experience with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
• Expert level understanding and experience with routing and switching technologies.
• Expert level understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN
• Expert level understanding and experience with routing protocols, specifically MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
• Expert level understanding and experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
• Expert level understanding and experience with Cisco and/or Juniper design recommendations
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
• Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
• Excellent ability to work closely with multiple vendors
• Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with high availability environment with 99.99% SLA
• Accomplishes task with minimal supervision.
• Experience managing large service provider networks
• Advanced Cisco, Juniper and/or Brocade certifications (CCIE/JNCIE)
• Extensive experience designing large scale service provider networks