Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Network Analyst with MS&A Expertise
Location Bethesda, MD
Job Type Information Technology
At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we’re committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In carrying out that mission, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset. Our organization has been recognized continually as an exceptional place to work. Visit us online at www.ctc.com for more information.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and be recognized as corporate innovator with a respected national reputation for solving complex technical challenges? Become a part of our team. CTC has an opportunity for a qualified Network Analyst with MS&A Expertise in Bethesda, MD.
NETWORK ANALYST WITH MS&A EXPERTISE
Primary Responsibilities: Provides engineering and technical expertise on all issues relating to the specified telecommunications networks/information systems within the Defense Information System Network (DISN). This discipline engages in a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations and modeling and simulation of the networks/systems.
Must understand the impact of U.S. defense doctrine on the operations, maintenance and management of both tactical and strategic systems, and how to effectively interface tactical and strategic telecommunications systems into a seamless entity. Applies specialized knowledge of military unique features, specifically built into the network and its subtending hardware and software, to ensure appropriate support to the warfighter’s requirements.
Based on the needs of the specific telecommunications network/information system supported, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides technical expertise on the operation, maintenance and management of the hardware, software and/or transmission facilities comprising the network/system.
• Responsible for engineering support to existing and emerging technological enhancements in the specific network/system.
• Applies engineering expertise to interface the network with other NATO, Host Nation or tactical networks/systems.
• May be required to have knowledge of the operations and management of tactical systems the extent required to ensure interoperability with the strategic systems.
• Performs network modeling and simulation using commercial or Government-unique modeling and simulation tools.
• Interfaces with other technical experts on network performance, based on Department of Defense (DoD) criteria and recommends additions/deletions/reconfigurations.
• Researches, analyzes and/or develops reports of network/system operations, functions or performance; network topology plans/changes; network route plans/changes; configurations, etc.
• Coordinates with other technical experts to formulate implementation plans for the insertion of new technologies into the network/system, support evolving Government requirements.
• Implements or extends advanced intelligent network features into the network/system.
• Applies systems engineering disciplines to the provisioning of new service offerings over the network/system, often specifically tailored with military unique features.
• Applies knowledge of the functions, interface criteria and special handling requirements of cryptographic systems used in the network.
Basic Qualifications: The selected applicant must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering plus 4-6 years of experience, or a Master of Science degree plus 2-4 years of directly-related experience, or a PhD plus 0-2 years of experience.
• Experience with network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations and network modeling and simulation.
• Familiarity with OPNET’s Network Planner and/or Modeler.
• Experience with Application performance management and classification tools including OPNET's AppResponse Xpert, CA’s NetQoS, and BlueCoat’s PacketShaper and experience with wireless and wired communications systems (hardware and software).
• A fundamental technical understanding of multi-tier application architectures and performance issues.
• An ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
License and/or Certification:
•Security Plus Certification.
•Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification OR Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
Experience performing Modeling and Simulation or System Engineering for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) or engineering support for the Global Information Grid (GIG) Services Management-Engineering/Transition/Implementation (GSM-ETI) is desired.
Clearance: U.S. citizenship required. U.S. Government TS/SCI level clearance (ability to obtain SCI status) is required for this position.
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, corporate values, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. We have a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes online at:
Reference Code: SR# 2013-0057