Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Branch/Location Code :JAN-Maryland (55504)
Location :Westminster MD US 21157
Division :ABM Janitorial
Job Type :Full Time Regular
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :High School or GED
Shift/Hours :Any Shift
Job Description :
JOB TITLE: Supervisor of Environmental Services
DEFINITION: Responsible for assisting the Director of Environmental Services in giving direction, motivation and guidance to the Environmental Services Department to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM in its highest degree.
I. Essential Responsibilities: (Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.)
· Promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers.
· Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
· Views everything with a process improvement mindset.
· Leads the department in the absence of the Director and Assistant Director of EVS.
· Responsible for the implementation of established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensures a clean and safe environment.
· Conducts quality improvement inspections within assigned areas of responsibility to ensure quality and satisfaction levels are meeting and or exceeding expectations.
· Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached.
· Ensures work assignments, daily and weekly work schedules meet department and facility needs.
· Ensures department Training Programs and recertification programs are being conducted within appropriate timeframes.
· Responsible for the ordering and use of all supplies/equipment within the areas of assigned responsibility.
· Ensures that all ABM Systems are in place in accordance with the Director of EVS.
· Leads and promotes departmental TQM/Customer Service Initiatives.
· Tours and meets with facility customers to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met at all times.
· Reports all pertinent data to the Director of Environmental Services in a timely manner.
· Is aware of all procedures, union agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all established agency requirements.
· Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
· Associates degree preferred or equivalent business experience.
· Must possess a minimum of two years of proven work experience in a leadership role within the Health Care field.
C. Special Skills:
· Must have knowledge on the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment.
· Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
· Ability to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
· Ability to handle and resolve problems.
D. Personal Skills, Aptitudes, and Qualities:
· Works in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
· Possesses excellent customer service skills.
· Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; treats others courteously and with respect.
III. Work Environment:
· Works in a health care environment.
· This position requires walking, sitting, standing, operation of a computer keyboard. Must also have the ability to operate basic housekeeping equipment in a teaching environment.
· May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital related functions.
· Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated with in a hospital environment.
· This position requires the use of telephones, pagers and computers throughout the day.
IV. Organizational Relationships:
· Reports directly to the Director of Environmental Services or Assistant Director of EVS.
· Receives direction from the Director of EVS and/or the Assistant Director of EVS.
· Works cooperatively with rest of EVS Management Team, Regional Directors of Operations, and ABM Management Personnel
V. Special Requirements:
· Able to respond to emergencies at both night time and on weekends as required.
· Able to handle varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)