Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Cloud Systems Engineer
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Department: Advanced Solutions
# of openings: 1
WWT Advanced Solutions (WWTAS), a subsidiary ofWorld Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT)providescutting edge technology products, services and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. WWT has strategic alliances with key technology partners -Cisco, HP, EMC, VMware, Citrix, to name a few, serves to complement our organic capabilities. WWT was founded in 1990 with approximately 2,200 employees and still growing at a tremendous rate. WWTAS is focused on the Intelligence Community; we are highly responsive to customer needs and understand their unique challenges and requirements. WWTAS has a solid foundation of providing operationally-ready integrated enterprise systems. We deliver innovative and cost effective IT solutions to accelerate interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.WWTASoffers an exceptional culture that promotes work-life balance, profit sharing, unlimited training and exciting career opportunities!! In addition, we were recently named Forbes100 Best Companies To Work For(#24).
If you looking to work on an exceptional team that will help you learn and grow, we’re looking for you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Positions include providing design and sustainment support for large scale cloud computing environments providing Utility or Data services. Design positions involve providing overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, dataflow, network design and/or implementation, or testing for a program. Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations (CONOPS) documents, and high level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications. Develop detailed system Architecture and system design documentation. Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Sustainment positions involve support day-to-day Operations of large scale cloud computing environments providing Infrastructure as a service for multi-tenant environments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
* Five (5) years of experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
* One (1) year of experience architecting and designing hardware and software solutions for large environments hosting Utility or Data services.
* Three (3) years of experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation, and planning and implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
* BA/BS degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated her in (such as: Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Information Systems)
* Experience in designing and documenting interfaces, standards, dataflows, and scenarios for distributed cloud environments.
* Experience with planning and implementing Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) platforms such as OpenStack or Eucalyptus cloud computing services, and integrating systems using virtualization management tools such as KVM, VMware, or XenServer.
* Experience provisioning or sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
* Knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
* Experience and/or certification in the following tools or methodologies:
* Distributed File Systems such as Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks
* Distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, Accumulo
* Virtualization tools such as Openstack, VMware, Citrix