Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: IE75827
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Water
Job Title : Water Resources Group Manager
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
City: Hunt Valley
Minimum Requirements: • Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field.
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE).
• Minimum 9 years of progressively increasing knowledge and responsibility as a Water Resources Engineer. Must have experience working with Maryland SHA, MDE and USACOE. Experience with management of staff and technical and financial tasks
• Knowledge of Cadd and design software, such as MicroStation, Geopak, AutoCAD, or Civil 3d.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey thoughts clearly and concisely.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: The Infrastructure and Environment Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Water Resources Group Manager for immediate employment in the Hunt Valley, Maryland office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established experience and education in managing people and projects in Surface Transportation, specific to Hydraulic and Hydrology (H&H) design and analysis.
URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to supporting a wide range of highway, water resources, and site development projects.
• Serve as Hunt Valley's Water Resources Group Manager, including supervision of water resources staff, business development for water resources work in the Mid-Atlantic area, overseeing water resources work in the group, and managing projects.
• Serve as technical advisor and consultant of theories, concepts, principles or processes for water resources and stormwater engineering. Work on more technical and unique projects.
• Performing drainage-related analyses, design and report preparation for the design of buildings, bridges, roadways, airports, landfills, and infrastructure facilities.
• Preparing proposals, tracking budget and schedules, and handling multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
• Train and evaluate less experienced staff. Mentor and manage staff on projects.
• The successful candidate must have good time management skills, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and most importantly, a strong desire to work on a team.
Other duties as assigned.