Wolf Creek Federal Services Escort (Laborer) in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Laborer assists skilled trade workers during maintenance and repair activity. The Laborer will maintain the interior and exterior of buildings, grounds and other areas as assigned. The incumbent also performs minor repairs of structures and equipment and may escort sub-contractors, new employees or visitors.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Maintains cleanliness of all assigned sites by stacking excess materials, collecting and disposing of trash and debris, cleaning floors by sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping
- Performs litter and debris clean-up around office and surrounding buildings
- Cleans debris off of windows and other surfaces such as tile, mirrors, countertops, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Mixes bagged concrete, grout and mortar in wheelbarrow.
- Cleans office and workshop areas, storage areas, parking areas by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
- Assists skilled trade workers during non-structural demolition on building interiors.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances.
- Moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks.
- Collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Digs, fills and tamps earth excavations.
- Levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
- Cleans culverts and ditches.
- Washes, waxes, vacuums and polishes vehicles.
- Moves heavy pieces of machinery and equipment.
- Drives Government or Chugach-owned vehicle in order to pick-up materials at vendor locations, transport trash and debris to remote dumpster site as well as deliver labor, materials and tools to worksites.
- Assists skilled workers as assigned.
- May escort subcontractors, new employees and visitors.
- Accountable for meeting safety performance standards and completing all work safely.
- Responsible for performing minor routine maintenance to equipment used in daily functions.
- Performs other tasks as necessary incidental to the required work as directed.
- Timely, accurate, cost-effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other Chugach employees and customers.
- Working with Service Order Manager, Facility Supervisors and Facility Managers to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently without continuous supervision.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six (6) months experience as a general laborer/general maintenance worker.
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Medically and physically able to wear a respirator.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Possess an Active Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and team lift 75 pounds.
- One (1) year general laborer experience.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: MD0100920
Req ID: MD0100920