ActioNet, Inc Enterprise Cloud Architect in Germantown, Maryland
Enterprise Cloud Architect
Consulting Services (Tech)
Position at ActioNet
The Enterprise Cloud Architect will support the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Architecture, Engineering, Technology & Innovation (OCIO IM-50) in its efforts to develop and implement cloud architecture for local Energy Information Technology Services (EITS) and for other sites and program offices across the DOE Enterprise. This position reports to the contractor Program Manager for IM-50.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect provides architectural roadmaps and support for improvements and modernization of a large scale, multi-site IT operations environment. This role is critical in leading evaluations and providing actionable recommendations, both tactically and strategic, for IM-50 and the DOE enterprise. This position will assist the customer in developing Cloud Architecture for multiple migrations at EITS and across the Enterprise, while transitioning to a managed service support model.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect analyzes, translates, and composes both technical and non-technical information into clearly readable documents and design artifacts that are used by technical and non-technical personnel. The scope and type of work products will range widely. Work products will be used at multiple levels of the organization, and many may be used by the Department’s Senior Leadership to make decisions. The Cloud Architect will conduct research and compile the results into useful, usually actionable, documents and presentations. The Cloud Architect will work with technical team members as needed to ensure technical concepts and terminology are properly used.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Cloud Architect directly supports the IM-50 Program Manager (Contractor) and the DCIO by developing program and project related documents (e.g. Reference Architectures) The candidate must be familiar with a variety of Information Technology concepts, practices, and procedures and have a degree of creativity and latitude in applying them. A solid understanding of the Information Technology business and technology service offerings and ability to articulate them to customers in a non-technical way is a fundamental capability. The Enterprise Cloud Architect performs other duties as assigned. Specifically duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design of client’s Cloud environments with a focus on Azure and AWS and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
• Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
• Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure or AWS within in large regulated enterprise environments.
• Nurture Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption
• Experience with Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF) and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
Technical Skills required
• Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
• Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Softlayer, Azure, S3, VMware)
• Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
Consulting skills required
• Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based Architectures. Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
• Experience in working in PMI methodology managed projects is valued.
• Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.