Microsemi Corporation Systems Engineer in Home Office, Maryland
Microsemi's Government Systems group is seeking a talented Systems Engineer. This engineer will work at one of our customer's sites in the greater Washington, D.C, Baltimore, MD area. The position also involves travel to various customer locations. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to help develop, build out, and maintain our existing customer time and frequency systems and troubleshoot problems as they arise. The individual must be able to design systems to customer requirements and provide drawings, wire lists, Bills of Material, and estimates for labor and travel. The system engineer may be a team leader or team member for site surveys, installations, maintenance visits, calibrations, and/or firmware/software upgrades. The system engineer must be able prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the maintenance and upgrades of customer systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don't get in the way of daily operations. This successful candidate must be able to develop and execute system/unit test plans and document the test results. These tests include but are not limited to system and unit level performance and functional testing. The system engineer must be able to use standard test equipment (meters, scopes, spectrum analyzers) for test and troubleshooting. The successful candidate must be able to provide end user documentation including but not limited to manuals, maintenance procedures, software release notes, drawings, etc. The system engineer must have great technical and interpersonal skills, be ready to learn, and be available for worldwide travel.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Five years or more of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven ability to research, troubleshoot, & resolve end user issues via email, phone, and on site.
- Ability to Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with customer performance, functional, and safety standards/requirements.
Experience performing site visits to perform installations, maintenance, upgrades, test, and calibration.
Ability to document changes
- Track record in providing comprehensive trip reports on the completed work, and issues resolved.
Ability to understand a variety of engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, firmware, software)
Experience managing projects that include inter-disciplinary teams
- Has overseen from start to finish the design and installation of hardware and software.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with customers, other team members, and project managers. The ability to clearly communicate tasks, ideas, and designs is essential.
- Experience training customers and other team members.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office/Project/Visio
- A background and understanding of system/unit testing practices.
- Current US Government Top Secret clearance, TS/SCI preferred
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with creating automated scripts and tests using python programming/Linux/Unix scripting
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled