Abt Associates Summer Intern / Enabling Technology in Rockville, Maryland
DSET is Abt’s full-service technology, data, and innovation partner, offeringexpertise across the entire spectrum of data — from the initial capture, to data wrangling and analytics, and data visualization and dissemination. They combine deep experience in developing, conducting and capturing high-quality data via complex surveys with an ability to normalize, analyze and transform data into actionable insights.
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid intern in the Data Science, Surveys, and Enabling Technology Division/ Enabling Technology Group you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Cambridge, MA and/or Rockville, MD.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 5 through August 11, 2017. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. Abt Associates does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Writing and proofreading copy (web, emails, social)
- Knowledge of the web and current digital technologies and the ability to quickly research and come up to speed on emerging technologies is essential.
- Designing wireframes and garnering feedback
- Gathering and documenting requirements Department / Division Qualifications
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate level degree program
- Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in computer science, software engineering, or web development (front-end/back-end)
- An understanding of front-end libraries and frameworks: Bootstrap, JQuery, and Angular
- Experience in cross-browser and platform compatibility, accessibility and testing
- An understanding of web standards for responsive desktop and mobile design Program Minimum Qualifications
- Has completedat least two yearsof college coursework
- Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
- Is eligible to work in the United States
- Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.