Ricoh Americas Corporation Mail Courier in Urbana, Maryland
Ensures customers' satisfaction by making pick-ups and deliveries in a proficient and timely manner. This position reports directly to the Site Manager, Site Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager, depending on site personnel configuration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers messages, telegrams, documents, packages, and other items to business establishments and private homes by performing the following duties:
- Travels to delivery site on foot or by bicycle, motorcycle, automobile or public conveyance.
- Keeps log of items received and delivered.
- Obtains receipts or payment for articles delivered.
- Services vehicle driven, such as checking fluid levels and replenishing fuel.
- Performs pick-up and delivery of jobs by accurately following a map and/or written instructions.
- Follows RICOH Service Excellence performance requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with state and company standards by operating a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner and following company guidelines in the event of an accident and/or injury.
- Responds to client requests, ensuring the accuracy of the order taken and delivery of the completed orders in a timely manner.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely, accurate and legible manner.
- Presents professional appearance to clients by dressing in professional attire according to company standards.
- Responsible for vehicle safety by maintaining routine maintenance on all delivery vehicles (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) according to company specifications.
- Meets company attendance standards by reporting to work punctually and working all scheduled hours and any required overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Requires valid state driver's license and driving record that meets company standards.
- Requires experience in electronic communication devices and experience in a team environment.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.